Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ragnar Gear!

I am 3 days away from Ragnar! I am nervous about my 26.2 miles. We have to be up and ready at 3AM Friday to head to the start line. I am runner 5 so I will have plenty of time to relax (and hopefully sleep) before my first leg. We have estimated our end time to be around 6PM Saturday. I will be sure to post my results after. I am hoping they aren't too embarassing.

Anywho, I have a little slideshow for some gear I bought this week. You can click on the link here or view the slideshow below. You are required by Ragnar rules to have a reflective vest or you will be disqualified. I also bought a headband to keep my ears warm. If you havent tried one, they are amazing! And of course the compression pants, still in love with them!! There is also a map of the course in case you want to see where we will be. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. That is some serious discipline. I ran cross country in high school and ran while I was boxing but 3 to 5 miles was my limit. I can't even imagine the amount of preparation it would take to prepare for a 26.2 mile run. You're obviously an incredible individual to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can say I am disciplined enough to train properly for the events. I strongly believe that running is 30% physical and 70% mental though. Good thing I have great will power to make up for my poor training routine! ;)

      Delete
  2. I was never a good long distance runner so more power to you! I wish you luck on that endeavor and hope you come out satisfies with your accomplishment whatever it may be!
    (And also make sure to link the slideshow using a masked word for the assignment, not just embed it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel! Small oversight on my end. I added the link. i appreciate you pointing that out!

      Delete