Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Minimalist Running

Minimalist running is completely different than regular running. This is why it is extremely important to do your research and make sure you are prepared before switching over. I had a friend who didn't take the time to properly transition into minimalist running and ended up tearing a muscle in his foot. Unfortunately he had a bad experience with something that could have been great. Minimalist running has great benefits such as building stronger muscles in your feet and inspiring a connection with the world around you. I hope that anyone who plans on joining the minimalist movement finds this video helpful:




Click here for more information:
Vibram Education Website

*Also, I will advise that I do not strictly run in minimalist fashion. I do use my Vibram Forefingers and New Balance Minimus shoes every so often, but I do prefer "real" running shoes. I usually buy shoes with a small heel-toe drop (with a smaller heel) to simulate a more natural running form. For example, Nike Free and Asics Blur lines are supposed to support a more natural running style but still provide support and shock absorbance. I found these shoes easier on my ankles. Listen to your body to find what it right for you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow creative using a powerpoint slide show in your presentation. This was a neat and informative way to disseminate the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of using powerpoint which I probably should have since it would have had a better flow like yours did! Great job on being very clean on your presentation, everything has a constant flow and its very presentable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very well put together presentation and very informative. I think I've said it before on your blog your dedication to running and physical fitness is admirable.

    ReplyDelete