Monday, September 17, 2012

Introduction to a Runner's Mind

Every time I have told people that I have run a marathon, the phrase "you are crazy" typically follows. When I tell them I have completed 5 marathons, they typically ask if I need to be checked in to a psych ward. Running may seem like a grueling past time for some, but to me it is the only past time that makes sense. Running not only releases endorphins and relieves stress, but it also rewards you with a sense of accomplishment and a great night's sleep. 

One doesn't simply wake up and run 26.2 miles though. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. This blog will go over different routes and trails in the Vegas area that I enjoy running, and also different products and techniques to help with running. Hopefully with some of my insight, and your own personal drive, you will be a marathoner in no time!

Amelia

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to your tips. Not that I'll ever make it to even a half-marathon. But it would be fun to participate in a 5K with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running has its own mini adventure when working with great distances. I usually like to pick the long routes when it's cold or moderately warm, because by the time you've covered half the route, you will no longer be thinking about the temperature, since the heat built from running will have more then compensated for it. Plus there's the added bonus of being cooled gradually suppressing the heat, which the irony of it is you're not spending nearly as much energy. You'd think you'd use more to keep yourself warm, but that's where the heat of running takes in. I'm already beginning to miss running up and downhill through the snow, although not always pleasant when it suddenly warms up in the day and the snow suddenly becomes cold, damp rain.

    ReplyDelete